Friends of Foster Golf - Volunteer Opportunity
Quality customer service along with a value-added experience is a daily goal at Foster Golf Links. As Friends of Foster Golf Links, you will have one of the most recognizable "faces" to our customers. What we say, what we do, how we interact with the public and enforce policies is vital to the overall success of the course.
In recognition of your time & efforts, Foster Golf Links provides the Friends of Foster Golf Links with reduced fees for golf and cart privileges and provides a merchandise discount during the time you are actively volunteering. Please keep in mind our public play and tournaments have priority use in all areas, as we must generate enough revenue to cover our operating expenditures. Having enough carts and prime time tee times to meet the public demands, is a necessity.
General outline of duties, expectations and policies:
- $10 Green Fees
- 20% Discount on Cart Fees
- Cost Plus 20% on Merchandise
- Fulfill one 6-hour shift per week, including 1 weekend shift per month.
- Morning shift: 7AM-1PM Primary duties include pulling carts, clean tee boxes (including emptying trash), starter.
- Midday shift: 10AM-4PM Primary duties include turning carts, starter, and marshalling.
- Afternoon shift: 12PM-6PM Primary duties include parking carts, starter, and marshalling.
- Arrive on time and work entire shift.
- If schedule changes are needed, please find coverage from "Sub List" and report changes to the Golf Coordinator in advance of your shift. If you cannot find coverage, please notify the Golf Coordinator.
- Those working less than the standard 6 hours per week shifts will be contacted by the Golf Coordinator to discuss being placed on the “Call List” for other activities supporting the golf course.
- Use radios at all times.
- Check with pro shop staff for cart needs and assist with turning carts throughout your shift.
- Repair ball marks on greens and sand divots on tee boxes and fairways.
- Monitor pace of play, assist with moving slower groups along, and enforce course policies.
- Friends of Foster major priorities & focus: Assisting Foster Golf staff, monitoring course, enforcing policies, improving course conditions, and consistently being visible & available & interacting with the public in a positive manner.
- During your shift avoid: Spending unnecessary time in the pro shop, practicing or playing golf, ball hunting, or socializing with golfers during play, etc.
Want to become a member of the Friends of Foster Golf program? Please complete the forms below and turn them into the golf shop. If you have any quesitons, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call 206.421.4221